This is an image you’ve probably seen before. Or perhaps you’ve read the sobering statistics about the lack of diversity and female characters in children’s and young adult literature.
We can talk about how this angers us, but what can we do to actually change these numbers? If you browse the 2014 releases, it seems as if the numbers above may get worse, not better.
Should we stop buying books that are backed by publishers and literary agencies that rarely represent or publish diverse works? What do we do to make them see that we’re serious about needing a diverse bookshelf?
- about-falling reblogged this from roogirl3401
- warmweed likes this
- adiaryofstrength reblogged this from theenchantedcottage
- roogirl3401 reblogged this from theenchantedcottage
- khaleesibeyonce likes this
- a-hippie-life reblogged this from theflightofthephoenix
- theflightofthephoenix reblogged this from theenchantedcottage
- theflightofthephoenix likes this
- theenchantedcottage posted this